Due to Covid-19 we have postponed our Spring season. The Spring/Summer session will began on May 26th, and will end August 1st. Due to this our Fall Session we wanted to Start Games August 15th, will now Start Games on August 29th. We will have Labor Day weekend off, and October Break weekend off and Cubbies and Strikers will finish end on October 10th and the Tournament day for U7-U14s will be October 24th.
Our program is built on sportsmanship. Our volunteer coaches undergo coaches training, complete with Concussion Protocols, to help maximize player safety, and to encourage a fun, safe environment for our players to learn the game of soccer.
We teach players the basics, develop their skill, give them more playing time with less athletes on the field to get more touches on the soccer ball, to learn to be confident on and off the field! We hope you will join us!
COVID-19 Return to Play Protocols
We will be following the Indiana Soccer Association Return to Play Protocols. Click the button to see the details. Below is a summary of how Hurricane Soccer will implement these rules
First in order to keep everyone safe any coach, player, parent, referee and or spectator who is sick, has a persistent cough, is running a temperature or is displaying any symptoms suggesting that the individual may be ill, (from any contagious malady, including cold, flu, or suspected corona virus) will be prohibited from attending training or games. Any coach or administrator who sees any adult attendee who displays any of these symptoms should be politely but firmly asked to leave. A minor who is displaying any of these symptoms should be safely isolated until an adult responsible for the minor can remove the minor.
Rules for practices & games:
- Please arrive and depart promptly so we can limit of numbers at the fields
- Coaches will wear masks
- Players may wear masks to and from the fields if they want. Players do not need to wear masks during play.
- Players will be social distanced from other players and coaches during practices.
- They will not be allowed to high five, hug, or give handshakes.
- Players will NOT be allowed to share any equipment. This includes ball, water, bottle, goalie gloves, goalie shirts, pinnies and uniforms.
- ALL equipment needs to be labeled.
- Players should NOT pick up others items including balls or training equipment (cones).
- Once we start games ALL players need to bring a shirt NOT RED OR BLUE. This will serve as their goalie shirt if they play goalie.
- Since we can not provide goalie gloves for your players this season we have goalie gloves that can be purchased. They cost is $25. If you are interested please let your coach know.
- Players may bring hand sanitizer for personal use.
- We have limited practice to 1 team per field and have a 30 minute break between practices to limit the people we have at the facility at one time.
- Designated space for each player (on the field), a player’s space must be a minimum of 6’ from any other player’s space. The size of the space for each player will depend on the technique on which you are working (more space for dribbling vs receiving & passing) and accommodations for the skill level of the player.
- Parents may watch practice from the fields- follow the social distancing guidelines, a minimum of 6’ away from another spectator not in their family and on the opposite side of the field as the team.
- Spectators attending games should follow the social distancing guidelines, a minimum of 6’ away from another spectator not in their family.
Hurricane Soccer is a local nonprofit soccer organization. We are a 501(c)(3) non-profit, youth soccer organization, located in Huntertown, Indiana. Established in 1981, and affiliated with the Huntertown Lions Club, Hurricane Soccer has sought to teach area youths the game of soccer, as well as good sportsmanship and respect for fellow players. If you have any questions, please use our Contact Page to reach out to a board member.